Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Postcard from WVSOS: What If I Threw It Away?

Here is some additional information about the WVSOS registered voter postcard many seniors have received. As more information becomes available, we will continue to post it here. (See this post http://seniorlegalaid.blogspot.com/2007/10/wv-elder-alert-postcard-from-wvsos.html for basic information about these postcards.)

What if I threw the postcard away? According to the WVSOS election division, you have a couple of options. One, you may just go in person to your local County Clerk's office to give the information requested on the postcard. Or if you prefer you may contact WVSOS at (866) 767-8683 to ask for another postcard to be sent to you.

What if I just ignore this and never respond? According to WVSOS any recipients of the postcards who never respond will be noted in their voter registration database as INACTIVE. This DOES NOT mean you cannot vote, but rather that the next time you go to the polls to vote, you will be required to produce some kind of identification with a unique number.


Post a Comment

<< Home